Giving is a crucial part of living in obedience to God for several reasons.
• One, giving is an active demonstration of faith. Sometimes, when finances are tight, giving isn’t always easy to do. But by doing so, we tell God that we trust Him to provide all of our needs no matter the circumstances.
• Two, giving is an expression of gratitude to God for all He has done for us. It is one of the best ways we can say “Thank you” to the Lord for His abundant goodness in our lives.
• Three, giving on a consistent basis displays faithfulness and integrity. Through our tithes and offerings, we prove to be faithful stewards of all God has entrusted us with.
Biblical References to Giving
• 2 Corinthians 9:6-7: “… whoever sows sparingly will also reap sparingly, and whoever sows bountifully will also reap bountifully. Each one must give as he has decided in his heart, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver.”
• Malachi 3:10: “Bring the full tithe into the storehouse, that there may be food in my house. And thereby put me to the test, says the Lord of hosts, if I will not open the windows of heaven for you and pour down for you a blessing until there is no more need.”
• 2 Corinthians 8:7: “But as you excel in everything—in faith, in speech, in knowledge, in all earnestness, and in our love for you—see that you excel in this act of grace also.”
Note: The Mt Zion Baptist Church edifice is currently under occupation as a result of a racist and corrupt faction in Ohio. Follow us on Twitter at https://twitter.com/MtZionAthens for updates.
Type your paragraph here.
"Built on the Word of God, and the Foundation of Faith and Prayer"